WordPress is by far one of the most versatile and functional content management systems. There are many brands that rely on the software who wish to display important information for their community which might include traffic news, local events and even the weather.
It is the latter of these that can be challenging. Traffic news and local events can be easily updated as and when needed. However, weather can change so frequently that it could be a full time job for the site owner to keep that information updated. That is why it is important to use one of the few WordPress Weather widget plugins available online to help you manage that important content.
How Can One Of The WordPress Weather Widget Plugins Help?
The main benefit of using any of the weather plugins available is that you can save time for limited cost. You don’t need to spend hours of your time online changing the weather details. Weather apps can make your site more relevant to users and if you are a local brand, it can be a good way to attract audiences to continuously revisit your website.
So, what are the best WordPress weather widget plugins available? Here is our list of the top free and premium ones on the market as of 2019.
A weather app is useless if it shows outdated or inaccurate weather information. Visitors to your website want to be able to look at your site and trust it. That is why getting information from popular weather websites like Accuweather and WeatherBug can be a huge benefit.
WP Forecast is a free WordPress weather widget plugin that can collect information from these sources and display it on your site for free. The plugin has many great features that make it the perfect solution for your website, including localization customization and availability. The plugin is also available in more than 12 languages. The plugin is also easy to use.
For the user, the experience is great. The time is displayed properly from the last time that the page was refreshed. They can also get the forecasted weather for the next seven days and up-to nine nights.
Despite being free, there is some support available through the plugins forum.
- Users can pick their location to customize their experience and weather location.
- A free WordPress plugin that offers up-to-date information on the local weather.
- Easy to use, so even those with limited technical knowledge can use this plugin.
- Is compatible with many popular plugins such as WooCommerce, BuddyPress and others.
Weather Underground – Weather WordPress Widget
This is a free WordPress weather plugin that is made from the Weather Underground team. Therefore, it uses the official API to collect and display the necessary information. You get a widget that can be placed anywhere on a sidebar or footer area. Once live, the software fetches the necessary weather information using the location of the website visitor.
- Free app that can add weather features to your website cost effectively.
- Responsive so it will display on any device perfectly.
- Created by the same team who owns the website where information is collected from.
- Limited functionality compared to other plugins.
- This plugin hasn’t been updated for a while.
Awesome Weather Widget
The Awesome Weather Widget is another free WordPress option but this one comes with many configuration options to create a look that is suitable for your website. There is a premium option available which offers more features, but the free version is an excellent option.
The information can be placed anywhere on your website thanks to the shortcode provided by the app. The weather information is collected from the Yahoo weather API for the premium version of the plugin. This helps the premium version to stay very accurate to the current weather no matter where the website user is.
Another feature of the Awesome Weather Widget is that it is available in many different languages.
- Can fetch the weather for a city with simple identification methods.
- There are a few customization options to give your website a fresh and unique look.
- A free plan to help you have the weather information on your site.
- Responsive, so displays well on all devices and screen sizes.
Simple Weather Plugin
The premium product, available from CodeCanyon, is one of the most beautiful WordPress weather widget plugins available. It comes with lots of customization options that can help you build a beautiful, unique look to your website without the need to know coding.
The plugin supports OpenWeatherMap integration and can display weather forecasts for the next seven days. There are three ways that people can look up their weather forecasts too with IP address, GPS and even a search option available. You can even customize this plugin with your own own API form.
- Be more unique with the custom date format and temperature format.
- Can use a shortcode to place it anywhere on your website.
- Is available in numerous languages from across the world.
- Has dedicated free support to help you when you need it.
Astero WordPress Weather Plugin
This little plugin includes many of the features that you would expect and want from a weather plugin. It has clean lines, can be displayed in multiple sizes and styles and includes some great customization options such as supporting over 600 Google Fonts. The plugin is fully responsive, so will display perfectly on any device and screen size.
With the Astero WordPress Weather Plugin you can even use video as your background or maintain a static image.
For the weather sources, you have two brilliant and pretty accurate options to choose from. And users can use the built-in city or zip code search function to find the weather reports they want.
- Can have simple or full-screen modes.
- Can utilize unlimited colors.
- Video backgrounds for interesting design options.
- Clean, simple to use plugin for your website’s requirements.
Weather For Visual Composer
If you’re using WPBakery on your website for design purposes, the developers have built this plugin to integrate seamlessly into your website. It includes a modern style that is easily customized for the perfect design. While it only adds on basic weather functionality to your website, it will look stylish.
This plugin offers support for 17 languages and you can change the temperatures displayed so they are displayed in either Celsius or Fahrenheit, whatever your preference. The local weather is quickly fetched and displayed for your users. Placing the element into your website is quick and easy as you don’t have to enter any code, it is a simple drag and drop function.
There is even a standalone version for those who aren’t using WPBakery.
- Supports 17 languages
- Compatible with numerous top-end plugins.
- Can change how the temperature is displayed.
- Quick fetching of the latest weather information for your users.
- One of cost and additional support options available.
Always Sunny Plugin
If you want in depth weather reports for your WordPress site, then the Always Sunny Plugin is probably one to consider. It offers a wide range of data with numerous implementation options for your website to give your site’s users up-to-date and in-depth information.
There are two excellent ways you can add the plugin details to your site. The first is a widget that can be inserted into any sidebar or footer. Another is the embedded shortcode that you can add into any part of the website’s design.
And instead of just the usual weather information such as weather patterns and temperatures, you can also display other weather information such as cloud coverage and wind patterns. This makes it a great plugin for businesses like outdoor leisure facilities and local tourist centers to use.
- Responsive website that can be implemented into your website in numerous ways.
- Good for businesses who require more than just the temperature and general weather patterns.
- Great looking styles to give your website that extra style.
- Easy to install and start using.
For a little style when displaying weather on your website, the aWeather Forecast plugin is something that you need to consider. It has a range of animated icons and headers to add a little life into your website’s weather forecasting. You can also customize the colors of the display to match your current branding.
It is also another WordPress weather widget plugin that offers you lots of weather information. Some of the details it can display include: wind speed, wind direction, pressure, humidity and general weather conditions.
The temperatures can also be displayed in numerous formats including Fahrenheit, Celsius, and Kelvin. You also have the choice of over 700 Google Fonts.
- Animation to give life to your weather forecasting.
- Lots of customization to help you match your current website’s branding.
- Excellent coding that won’t slow down your website.
- Accurate weather reports that include a lot of information.
This is an amazing WordPress weather widget plugin that has some of cleanest coding for your website. The plugin can make your website look even more attractive than it already is and you can be sure that it will display well on any device and screen size.
It is minimalist and lightweight, so the speed of your website won’t be affected. Premium features allow for users to have auto-location for weather reports and allow you to hide current wind speed if you want to.
- A beautiful WordPress weather plugin for your website.
- Will fit seamlessly into your current design.
- Can customize so users can auto-detect their location for weather reports.
- Lightweight so won’t impact website speed.
Weather Atlas Widget
Users will be able to see the current weather conditions or look for long-term forecasts through the on-page interface.
Installing the interface onto your website couldn’t be easier. You just need to grab the shortcode from the plugin once installed and then paste that into the widget where you would like the weather to be displayed on your website.
One of the best features of this WordPress Weather plugin that differentiates it from others is that there is no limit to the country. Users from across the world can use the website with this app on. And it supports multiple languages including English, Spanish, Chinese and Russian.
Another really cool feature about this WordPress app is that this background color can change. You can set it to change depending on the local temperature. The text color can also automatically change to best contrast with the background. Alternatively, you can choose your own background color.
- A free app with plenty of functionality.
- Color options for the temperature make this a really interesting app to interact with.
- Supports lots of languages.
- Can give long-term and current weather forecasts for not just the USA.